15 December 2014

Blessings

I'm thankful today for Jesus, for God, His Father and mine, and for the Holy Spirit; together these three give every good gift.

I'm glad for the coordination of muscles that allows me to type this list, to walk to school, talk with my students, and give them hugs.

Today I'm also glad for:

sunrises and the sky as it appears through trees at morning;

common brown kites;

my forgetful brain, because when it's not making me cry, it makes me laugh.....

As a teacher, I'm blessed enough to wake up each morning knowing Who my Teacher is, and that I get to spend all day with my bright, creative, interesting students. I also get to work with an excellent co- and head teacher, Dalyne, with whom I pray and laugh daily through the joys and pains that are working with young minds. 

And the greatest blessing today is the community that God is connecting me with as I work with Him here in Africa. But it's not just a connection to Africa that I'm gaining, it's a connection to the rest of this world as well. 

No comments: