I want to preface my thought-feeling here by saying that, as a feeler, my thoughts are hard to express with words. So, here is the summary of a morning's feeling:
"Lately I’ve been pondering lilies and other grasses that
flower. This is due to the beautiful bed of Japanese iris I have outside my
window, and that they are ready to bloom again.
Earlier this year, I took a handful of lilies to class as a
worship illustration of God’s working in our lives. My point: at times all we
see are green leaves, no flowers, but He brings flowers in His time. Besides,
life isn’t only about flowering – it’s also about planting seeds and growing
roots and greening up and being fertilized by insects and birds in order to
make new seeds. Life comes and goes in stages. That was my point.
But the lilies keep the idea in my head, and it’s been
changing. In a new application, I liken flowers to the experiences we have in
life and seeds to the lessons we learn. And so, I think there are two things
more that I want to add to the lilies. Thing one: in life, we have beautiful,
flower experiences – epiphanies that clarify points in our lives regarding
God’s love for us, our love for Him, friendships, the Holy Spirit’s work, etc.
The epiphanies mature and fade and the flowers become seeds, which we can
either share or allow to rot in their pods.
Thing two: our relationship with God – the relationship He
has with us – is somehow a flower that doesn’t fade. And somehow, this flower
is always maturing, in all the ways we grow with Jesus, but never dying. It’s
always producing seeds, too. Our love for Jesus is seed for others to love Him
more. Our whole life becomes a flower that, simultaneously as it flowers,
produces seeds that sprout in other lives."
Feel free to comment and complete the thought...
No comments:
Post a Comment